VUMIE is the product of Intuitive Systems, Inc. It was created as a “flight simulator” for the Microbiology lab, a simulation that requires the same heads-on, hands-on effort students must master in the wetlab. Its uses range from providing meaningful practice for microbiology students, to a means for testing student proficiencies in micro lab skills and knowledge, to a basic component of many online and hybrid microbiology labs taught worldwide.
- Over 120 possible bacteria identified using more than 50 common biochemical tests found in microbiology labs.
- Free lab manual with features like “Save the Patient“, “Creating Scientific Posters“, “Rapid ID Systems for Bacterial ID”.
- Inclusion of “Lab Safety” discussion in the online “Help” system.
- Extensive video-based tutorials for basic lab skills.
- One-click submission of pdf lab reports to instructors.
- Special “Admin Console” software which allows instructors to customize student assignments.
- Support for Windows® and Mac®.
- Automatically installs updates to keep the software current and trouble-free.
Frequently Asked Questions